What Will the Big Hook Offer You as a High Potential Leader?
Prior to Your Experience in Ottawa
- Selected reading
- 360 Assessment—selection of the world’s best tools
- A series of challenging exercises prior to arrival in Ottawa that will complement the experience
Your Experience in Ottawa
An experience that will challenge you. Our focus is on the fundamentals of leadership and what high-potential leaders will need to make an impact on the future. World-class coaching and experts will bring a variety of topics to life including:
- The History of Business and What it Means to the Future of Your Company
- The Characteristics of the Greatest Leaders in History—What this Means to You
- Emotional Intelligence—Developing Critical Competencies for Leadership
- Lead Yourself—If You Want to Lead Others You Must Lead Yourself First
- Productivity and Success in the Global Economy
- What it takes to be World-Class—The Separating Factors
- The Shift in the Leader/Follower Relationship and How to Adapt
- The Art of Storytelling—Getting Your Story Right
- Personal Branding and Intrapreneurship
- Technology and Leadership—Be Tomorrow’s Leader Today
- Change—Adapting Self, Company, and Technology
To bring these experiences to life, you will experience the Big Hook content in an inspiring venue each day. No boring hotel conference rooms. Each day will take place in one of Canada’s leading historical landmarks like The Canadian Museum of History or The National Arts Centre. The lessons learned will be etched into your memory through memorable experiences. Robust conversation will accompany some of Canada’s finest cuisine and Canada’s unique nature.
And, it won’t all be work! Fun activities will also be part of the program.
Big Hook Coaching—Building on the Ottawa Experience
In order for the experience in Ottawa to have maximum value, ongoing coaching is a must. You will stay connected to your peer group and have your own private coach for one year. Every month, your Big Hook peer group—led by John Haime or Julien Leblanc—will connect to share and reflect on the real world challenges that you face as you apply the lessons.
Stay Connected with the “Simply Hooked” App
Taking advantage of leading technology, you will receive the “Simply Hooked” App to stay connected with your Big Hook peer group, coaches and speakers. The app will also include reminders about key content and Big Hook updates.
Enrollment in The Big Hook Experience is $9,995 for the conference in Ottawa and $2,400 for one year of follow-on coaching. By committing to The Big Hook, you will be expected to take part in both parts of the program.
This will cover all of the pre-work activity, the scheduled activities in Ottawa—including meals and local transportation, one year of follow-on coaching, and lifetime access to the Simply Hooked App.
Not covered are your travel to and from Ottawa or hotel charges. We strongly encourage anyone attending The Big Hook Experience to stay at The Chateau Laurier as this historic hotel will serve as the hub for the week's activities. A reduced rate will be available to Big Hook Leaders.